Learning should be something joyful because it is a perpetual growth process and self-reflection. Mathematics teachers are expected to develop ideas to motivate students by joyful activities, such as discovering, exploring, constructing, designing, setting strategy, and solving problems that are wrapped in mathematics games, puzzles, and hands-on activities.
Course on Joyful Learning in Mathematics Education provides mathematics teachers a different perspective in teaching mathematics. Teachers are introduced to various joyful activities to promote meaningful learning. These activities will help students to achieve higher order thinking skills (HOTS).
- Current Issues in Mathematics Teaching and Learning
- The Concept and Principle of Joyful Learning
- Instructional Strategies and Approaches for Joyful Learning
- Outdoor Mathematics
- Mathematics and Art
- Mathematics and Games
- Virtual Manipulatives for Math Teaching and Learning
- Physical Manipulatives for Math Teaching and Learning
- Alternative Assessment in Joyful Learning
- History of Mathematics
- Mathematical Literacy
- Computational Thinking
- STEM Education
- Hypothetical Learning Trajectory
- Problem Solving
- Practical Mathematics
- Implementation of Joyful Mathematics Learning at School
- Publishing Report and Designing Follow up Programme
- Understanding SEAMEO Countries Cultures
Course facilitators are experts from SEAQiM, PPPPTK Matematika, and reputable universities in Indonesia and abroad.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Explain the characteristics of joyful learning in mathematics education,
- Produce mathematics teaching materials for joyful learning, and
- Create mathematics learning model applying joyful learning.
Participants of the course are about 30 selected mathematics teachers from SEAMEO Member Countries.
The course runs for 100 hours @45 minutes. The activities during the course constitute of theories and practices.