The ability of Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) to display texts, pictures, sounds, graphics, animations, and videos has opened up vast opportunities for teachers to create interactive and joyful learning experiences. However many teachers lack the skills necessary to use ICT effectively in their classrooms.
To provide support for teachers, SEAQiM has created this course which aims to develop the skills required in integrating ICT into their classrooms. With this knowledge teachers can support students to develop the 21st Century skills required for their future workplaces.
- Current Issues and Trends in Mathematics Education
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Concepts and Principles of Integrating ICT in Mathematics Classroom
- Calculator for Mathematics Exploration
- Building Manipulative-Interactive Media with Application: Geogebra
- Exploring Three Dimensional Space with Application: Cabri 3D
- Building Digital Activity with Application: Desmos
- Game for Mathematics Teaching
- Digital Math Environment
- Robot Programming & Coding
- Learning Management System
- Designing Learning Media Using ICT
- Assessment in Mathematics Learning using ICT
- Hypothetical Learning Trajectory
- STEM Activities for Junior High School
- Computational Thinking
- Developing and Implementing Lesson Plan at School
- Publishing Report and Designing Follow up Programme
- Understanding SEAMEO Countries Cultures
Facilitators of the training are experts from QITEP in Mathematics, PPPPTK Matematika, and from reputable universities in Indonesia
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of IT to support mathematics teaching and learning in schools,
- Select, use, and create IT-based mathematics teaching and learning materials,
- Implement mathematics teaching and learning using the developed IT-based learning materials.
Participants of the course are about 30 selected mathematics teachers from SEAMEO Member Countries.
The course runs for 100 hours @45 minutes. The activities during the course constitute of theories and practices.