The ability of Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) to display texts, pictures, sounds, graphics, animations, and videos has opened up vast opportunities for teachers to create interactive and joyful learning experiences. However many teachers lack the skills necessary to use ICT effectively in their classrooms.
To provide support for teachers, SEAQiM has created this course which aims to develop the skills required in integrating ICT into their classrooms. With this knowledge teachers can support students to develop the 21st Century skills required for their future workplaces.
- Current Issues in Mathematics Teaching and Learning
- Optimizing and Developing the Available Computer Applications
- Creating Interactive and Attractive Learning Materials from Easily Obtained Computer Software
- Using Computer Applications in Mathematics Teaching
- Using Hand-Held Product of Technology
- Assessment in Mathematics Using ICT
- Developing and Implementing Lesson Plan at School
- Publishing Report and Designing Follow up Programme
- Understanding SEAMEO Countries Cultures
Facilitators of the training are experts from QITEP in Mathematics, PPPPTK Matematika, and from reputable universities in Indonesia
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of IT to support mathematics teaching and learning in schools,
- Select, use, and create IT-based mathematics teaching and learning materials,
- Implement mathematics teaching and learning using the developed IT-based learning materials.
Participants of the course are about 30 selected mathematics teachers from SEAMEO Member Countries.
The course runs for 100 hours @45 minutes. The activities during the course constitute of theories and practices.