The use of ICT (Information, Communication, and Technology) in Mathematics provides great support for teaching and learning in Mathematics. ICT gives educators the chance to take advantage of the notion that it can help students in visualising mathematical ideas and concepts. However, ICT can really provide effective support where teachers are equipped with the necessary abilities on how to use technologies in the Mathematics teaching and learning process.
In order to provide the support for mathematics teachers, SEAQiM has created this course which aims to develop the skills required in integrating ICT into their classrooms. With this knowledge teachers can support students to develop the 21st Century skills required for their future workplaces.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept and principle of integrating ICT in Mathematics teaching and learning;
- Select, use, and design ICT based mathematics learning media;
- Develop and implement ICT based mathematics lesson.
- Introduction to SEAMEO
- Current Issues and Trends in Mathematics Education
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- How to teach and Learn Space and Geometry with GeoGebra
- How to teach and Learn Statistic and Probability with GeoGebra
- How to Teach and Learn Algebra, Relation, Functions with Desmos.
- Simple Programming and Coding in Mathematics Classroom with GeoGebra
- Game for Mathematics Teaching
- Designing Learning Media Using ICT
- Assessment in Mathematics Learning using ICT
- Hypothetical Learning Trajectory
- Computational Thinking
- Developing Lesson Plan
- Peer Teaching
- Real teaching
- Writing Group Report
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Designing Individual Action Plan
Course facilitators are specialists and expertsfrom SEAQiM, national or international educational institutions, as well as reputable universities in Indonesia and abroad.
Participants of the course are 30 mathematics teachers selected from SEAMEO Member Countries.
The course runs for 100 hours @45 minutes. The activities during the course comprises both theories and practices.