Having strong educational leadership is known to be a major factor in improving student learning. By providing vision and development opportunities, educational leaders can help facilitate the conditions necessary for teachers to perform at their best.
Realising that to improve the quality of mathematics education in Southeast Asia there needs to be strong leaders, SEAQiM developed the course on Clinical Supervision.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- explain the current trends in mathematics teaching, methods suitable for teaching a particular mathematics topic, and the importance of clinical supervision in mathematics education;
- design a supervision programme and instruments for clinical supervision in mathematics education;
- conduct clinical supervision to improve the quality of mathematics education.
- Sharing Session on Clinical Supervision on Southeast Asia
- Current Issues in Mathematics Education
- Concept and Theory of Academic Supervision
- Definition and Approach Assumption in Clinical Supervision (CS)
- Principles of Clinical Supervision
- Characteristics of Clinical Supervision
- Steps in Clinical Supervision
- Comparing Clinical Supervision to Teacher Evaluation
- Assessment in Clinical Supervision
- Concept, Principles, and Characteristics of Mathematics Instructions
- Learning and Teaching Strategies
- Introduction to STEM Education
- HOTS in Mathematics Education
- Hypothetical Learning Trajectory
- Case Study of CS in Mathematics classroom
- Designing/Developing Supervision Instruments
- Simulation of Clinical Supervision
- Implementing Clinical Supervision in Schools: Orientation
- Implementing Clinical Supervision in Schools: Planning
- Implementing Clinical Supervision in Schools: Observation
- Implementing Clinical Supervision in Schools: Reflection/ Result Analysis
- Writing the Report
- ICT Utilization in Improving Supervisor Competence
- School Action Research
- Designing Action Plan
- Pre-test and Post-tests
Course facilitators are specialists and expertsfrom SEAQiM, national or international educational institutions, as well as reputable universities in Indonesia and abroad.
Participants of the course are 30 school principals and supervisors selected from SEAMEO Member Countries
The course runs for 100 hours @45 minutes. The activities during the course comprises both theories and practices.